Mobile Internet usage keeps growing. Advanced devices and networks enable new applications and services, offering better quality of experience. At the same time, technical measurements made at various points of the architecture give researchers and practitioners access to rich data enabling a detailed view of the mobile ecosystem. MoMIE project (http://momie.comnet.aalto.fi) of Aalto University aims at measuring, analyzing, and modeling this mobile Internet ecosystem in Finland.
MoMIE project, ending in June 2013, organizes a results seminar on 14th of May combining academic and industry partner viewpoints. The seminar consists of presentations, each followed by short discussion.
- Time: May 14, 2013 at 12:30 – 16:00
- Place: Espoo, Dipoli Congress Centre / Klondyke
- Participants: open participation (maximum number of participants is 80, first come first served based on registrations)
- Registration by email to Antti Riikonen, firstname.surname(at)aalto.fi (please register before 8th of May, participation is free of charge)
- 12:30 – 13:00 Coffee + light lunch
- 13:00 – 13:10 Prof. Heikki Hämmäinen, Aalto University: Opening words.
- 13:10 – 13:40 Anders Stenbäck, Sanoma: Role of big data and analytics in a media company
- 13:40 – 14:00 Kalevi Kilkki, Aalto University: Mobile quality of experience as business driver
- 14:00 – 14:20 Antti Riikonen, Aalto University: Developments in the Finnish mobile handset population
- 14:20 – 14:50 Coffee + snack
- 14:50 – 15:10 Benjamin Finley, Aalto University: Mobile Network Savings and Time Dependent Pricing
- 15:10 – 15:30 Pekka Kekolahti, Aalto University: Dependencies in mobile service usage behavior
- 15:30 – 15:50 Tapio Soikkeli, Aalto University: Mobile user context quantified
- 15:50 – 16:00 Wrap-up