MoMIE results seminar was held on 14th of May 2013 in Dipoli, Espoo. The seminar combined both academic and industry partner viewpoints of the project, consisting of opening words by Prof. Heikki Hämmäinen, a guest speech by Anders Stenbäck from Sanoma, and five presentations by Aalto researchers. We would like to thank all the project partners, speakers, and attendees for making the seminar possible!
The slides for the Aalto presentations are now online:
Prof. Heikki Hämmäinen, Aalto University: Opening words
Kalevi Kilkki, Aalto University: Mobile quality of experience as business driver
Antti Riikonen, Aalto University: Developments in the Finnish mobile handset population
Benjamin Finley, Aalto University: Mobile network savings and time dependent pricing
Pekka Kekolahti, Aalto University: Dependencies in mobile service usage behavior
Tapio Soikkeli, Aalto University: Mobile user context quantified
Mobile Internet usage keeps growing. Advanced devices and networks enable new applications and services, offering better quality of experience. At the same time, technical measurements made at various points of the architecture give researchers and practitioners access to rich data enabling a detailed view of the mobile ecosystem. MoMIE project (http://momie.comnet.aalto.fi) of Aalto University aims at measuring, analyzing, and modeling this mobile Internet ecosystem in Finland.
MoMIE project, ending in June 2013, organizes a results seminar on 14th of May combining academic and industry partner viewpoints. The seminar consists of presentations, each followed by short discussion.
- Time: May 14, 2013 at 12:30 – 16:00
- Place: Espoo, Dipoli Congress Centre / Klondyke
- Participants: open participation (maximum number of participants is 80, first come first served based on registrations)
- Registration by email to Antti Riikonen, firstname.surname(at)aalto.fi (please register before 8th of May, participation is free of charge)
- 12:30 – 13:00 Coffee + light lunch
- 13:00 – 13:10 Prof. Heikki Hämmäinen, Aalto University: Opening words.
- 13:10 – 13:40 Anders Stenbäck, Sanoma: Role of big data and analytics in a media company
- 13:40 – 14:00 Kalevi Kilkki, Aalto University: Mobile quality of experience as business driver
- 14:00 – 14:20 Antti Riikonen, Aalto University: Developments in the Finnish mobile handset population
- 14:20 – 14:50 Coffee + snack
- 14:50 – 15:10 Benjamin Finley, Aalto University: Mobile Network Savings and Time Dependent Pricing
- 15:10 – 15:30 Pekka Kekolahti, Aalto University: Dependencies in mobile service usage behavior
- 15:30 – 15:50 Tapio Soikkeli, Aalto University: Mobile user context quantified
- 15:50 – 16:00 Wrap-up